Have you ever felt that you could be eating healthier? Exercising more? Or even eating less? Regardless of whether party season has just finished (although this is usually the best time to detox), cleansing ourselves every now and then is not a bad idea. We have listed 5 easy ways to eliminate toxins naturally.
Warm Lemon Water
Drinking a glass of warm water with the juice of ¼ of a lemon gives your liver a wonderful good morning. Drinking warm lemon water aids the digestive system and makes the process of removing waste products from the body easier. Its cleansing and healing effects will have positive effects on your health in the long run.
Activated (Coconut) Charcoal
Activated charcoal is a powerful natural treatment used to trap toxins and chemicals in the body, allowing them to be flushed out so the body doesn’t reabsorb them. It’s made from a variety of sources, but when used for natural healing, it’s important to select activated charcoal made from coconut shells or other natural sources. It doesn’t absorb the toxins, however, instead it works through the chemical process of adsorption, which means that the elements binds to a surface. It is suggested that to complete a digestive cleanse with activated charcoal, take 10 grams 90 minutes prior to each meal, for two days.
Epsom salt is unlike table salt. It consists mainly of magnesium and sulfate, whereas table salt is made from sodium. Epsom salt can assist with weight management, gaining relief from sore muscles, increased health and relaxation. Epsom salts can be used as a bath soak to draw out toxins and relax muscle tension, or it can be ingested internally and is used as a laxative to increase bowel movement.
Exercise to Sweat
Sweating can assist to eliminate numerous chemicals including phthalates, BPA and heavy metals. Studies have found trace amounts of arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury in sweat, so get on that treadmill or join that footy club.
Make a habit of swapping coffee over for some detoxifying herbal teas. This will not only boost your metabolism but prepare you for a good night’s rest when taken before bed.
By removing the toxins from your system, you can reduce joint pain, increase energy and increase mental function, so what have you got to lose?! Let us know if you try any of our tips above and share with us your experiences!
- “14 Foods That Naturally Remove Toxin From Body”. NaturalNews Blogs. N.p., 2017. Web. 18 May 2017.
- Kent, Linda, and Linda Kent. “How To Drink Epsom Salts For A Detox”. LIVESTRONG.COM. N.p., 2017. Web. 22 May 2017.
- “28 Simple & Natural Ways To Detox Your Body | Bembu”. Bembu. N.p., 2017. Web. 22 May 2017.
- “16 Health Benefits Of Drinking Warm Lemon Water”. Foodmatters.com. N.p., 2017. Web. 25 May 2017.
- “Top 10 Activated Charcoal Uses & Benefits”. Dr. Axe. N.p., 2017. Web. 25 May 2017.
- “Why Sweating Is The Best Way To Get Rid Of Toxins”. mindbodygreen. N.p., 2017. Web. 26 May 2017.
- “10 Tips To Get Rid Of Toxins & Get Your Body Ready For Summer”. mindbodygreen. N.p., 2017. Web. 26 May 2017.